Week 3: the Eye of of the Beholder

1-minute video: the Eye of the Beholder

 https://youtu.be/Ku7-N_mdD6I


"Everything was dominated by the eye of the beholder" (McLuhan, 57). 

    Everything starts with this quote. I went to the involvement fair a week ago, and I saw so many organizations on that day. I really appreciated the events. It was fun, and the ice cream was good. 

    I was intrigued by this quote, so I kept it in mind. When I was standing in the corner, looking at the people, I started to think about if I perceive the involvement fair in a "beholder"'s view, I might have some different thoughts about this event. I remember there was music playing outside, but the louder musics are, the less people listen. We were all trying to convince others. We spoke louder and louder. But how much did listeners get? Did they really hear what you said? Did they really get what you said? 

    Then I was a little bit tired of applying any music to this video. I muted the video, and I put the sound of clock. I only have one minute to talk about my thoughts. If the clock really goes backward for a round, I hope my video will give one more chance to see what we were really doing.







评论

  1. It’s a great idea to use tiktok as the background music! And I like the last sentence. It will give use one more time to see the video again.

    回复删除
  2. I love the repetitive ticking sound of the clock throughout the video. The shot at the end of you editing the very video the viewer is watching at that moment is really interesting. Also awesome McLuhan quote! Great job.

    回复删除
  3. I always feel you are talented in making videos, even before this class

    回复删除

发表评论

此博客中的热门博文

Week 1: Come to my world

Week 8: Research Report