Week 1: Come to my world

A new generation is coming

Goto2000.jpg

 (One of the albums that I listened the most, called "Go to 2000" (1999), by a Chinese singer Pushu)

    I was born in 2001, which was a year encountered the big transition from cassette generation to disk generation. I have been through those great years from radios to Spotify, from telephones to smart phones and from something unmovable to everything portable. Those past stuffs always remind me of how I was growing up with them, and how my life is changing right now. I'm inevitably thinking about if I'm actively learning about new media or I'm forced to adapt to them. What is my position in this generation? I don't know, but anyways, I am always looking forward to the coming of a new generation.


"As we begin, so shall we go" (McLuhan,46).


    I cherish all the new ideas.
   I cherish all the emotions. 
    New ideas bring drastic revolutions. 
    Emotions keep every tiny piece of mercy. 
    They are as precious as diamonds are. 
    As we begin, we shall go. 
    There is no turning back. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPUFm51rPIU
("New Boy" is the first song in the album"Go to 2000", which was my favorite one when I was four years old. I translate parts of the lyrics in a paragraph.)


"Oh How nice our future will be!
We welcome the coming of computers. 
We welcome computers replace us to think.
Try on new clothes. Get new hairstyles.
Play WINDOWS 98 to take a break.
There will be no pain on our path to future.
How wonderful we will be!"

    This song was carrying beautiful expectations to the 21century. It somehow constructs my character on accepting new stuffs: always remember to be open and wise. So I gave myself an English name "Kepler", which are also the names of distant planets. The Kepler stars are those unreachable expectations, but I believe expectations could be precious than anything else.

Kepler exoplanets

评论

  1. I definitely am starting to know you better after reading your post.

    回复删除
  2. I love "New Boy", too!!!! And he released a new version of this melody in 2017, which is "Forever Young". I love that song, too!

    回复删除

发表评论

此博客中的热门博文

Week 3: the Eye of of the Beholder

Week 8: Research Report