Week 4: This Must be My Lens

This Must be my Lens.


"The young today live mythically and in depth" (McLuhan, 100). 

I love this quote so much. When I take pictures, I love to capture the fragment of an object. I want to see things clearly, so I zoom in to capture it. I felt this would be probably different from the past, because people would more like to see things entirely and properly. The young today receive too much classified information, so they intend to break the balance.

I found myself braver than before when I have a lens. I dared look at the sun. I saw the sun on the water. I saw the sun on the windows. I saw the sun on the bricks. I even stared at the sun, through the lens though. When sunlight reflects on those human-made objects, they become so attractive. 

Every photo in my project has a different soul. I adjusted the ratios very differently so they do not look the same. I adjusted the contrast and hue a lot in Photoshop to make it have strong visual impact. I also stressed some colors to create the contrast. 

More photos here: My Flickr

评论

  1. I love your use of line and form!! And I really appreciate where you chose to emphasize light and where you didn't. The attention to detail adds a lot to your project. I feel like I can sense your happiness and wonder and newfound bravery through these pictures. Great job!

    回复删除
  2. Wow your photos are beautiful! I really love how you edited the one of the flower to look like the rest of the photo was almost black and white and you can just see the bright pink and green of the flower is present. I like the consistent presence of the sun in your images. Great quote choice as well. Nice job!

    回复删除

发表评论

此博客中的热门博文

Week 3: the Eye of of the Beholder

Week 1: Come to my world

Week 2: REFLECTION BLOG